Perhaps you’ve come across ads of salvage yard car buyers who pay cash for cars years before your car has reached the end of its life. Now that your ride’s life has ended, you consider posters that say, “sell car for quick cash.” A car that doesn’t run anymore is an eyesore, indeed. Though it is, your old car still has value. If you sell your old car, you can have additional money to buy a second-hand ride.
Selling your car quickly is not as difficult as you think. Below are some pointers in selling your old car and getting the most out of the transaction:
- Wait for offers. You should avoid junkyards that tell you to bring your car to their lot so they can give you an estimate. These junkyards charge you for bringing your car in. There are salvage yards that call you and make offers for your car if they are interested. It is better to wait for their calls.
- Yellow pages. Search your local Yellow Pages for salvage yards or junkyards in your area. These are places where you can deliver your car cheaply. Call each salvage yard and tell them about your car’s details. Expect to answer questions from the salvage yard personnel. Do so truthfully and accurately so that you can get the best offer for your car.
- Take out all personal belongings. The junkyard personnel will be inspecting your car inside and out. Before you have your car delivered to the salvage yard, make sure that you remove all your accessories and personal belongings you have in there first.
- Compare quotes. Review the estimates given by the salvage yards interested in your vehicle. See which of them gives a low rate for delivering your vehicle to their lot. Expect to pay additional fees if you are renting a tow truck. If you can drive your car there, you should not pay a delivery fee at all.
- Document of ownership. Always have a document of ownership on hand. This can be a mechanic’s lien, a car title, or anything that shows you own the car. This makes the sale of your car legal.
- Negotiate. You can get an estimate over the phone if you describe your car accurately during the call. If you forgot to mention something and the junkyard personnel is at your house already, tell them and then negotiate for a better price.
The quickest way to get money for your old car is by selling it to a salvage yard that pays cash for cars. Check out ads that show “sell car for quick cash” and maybe you can find the right junk yard that can give you a great deal.